Skilled programmer and research analyst sought to work on this (the EDCTP funded project “Biostatistical Methods for Longitudinal Analysis of Burden of Lung Health and Tuberculosis in Africa”.) project. You will work with a team of statisticians and analysts to develop simulation and analytic models for complex longitudinal data.
Depending on skills and background plus interests this post could look quite different for different candidates. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss.
• Completed MPH (Epidemiology & Biostatistics specialisation) or MSc in Statistics / Biostatistics
• Strong R programming skills
• Experience with clinical/health data analysis and reporting
• Evidence of scientific writing skills
• PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics or related field
• Bayesian modelling experience
Start date: Immediately
Duration: 9 months (end Nov 30, 2022), with possibility of a 12 month renewal
Payclass: UCT Payclass 8/9 depending on qualifications, prefer full time, but willing to consider part time for right candidate
Closing date: this position will remain open until filled
Note you must be legally permitted to take up employment in South Africa for this post.
This project is part of the EDCTP2 programme supported by the European Union (TMA2017SF-1959).
To apply: please email a single pdf file with your cover letter, CV to email@example.com